We will work with you to find, within yourself, a way to live a happier and more content life.
Who we are?
We are capable professionals who will be happy to offer you the care you need.
The information below gives you additional knowledge about each of us.
Tranquility Health’s people
- Sarah received her Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Nebraska – Lincoln in Social Work. She received her Master’s Degree in Education with an emphasis on Mental Health Counseling from Chadron State College. She is a licensed independent mental health therapist.
- Sarah’s areas on treatment interest include mood and anxiety disorders, anger, trauma, grief, attachment, and relationship issues. She sees clients over the age of seven. She has received specific training in the areas of mindfulness, sand tray therapy, dyadic developmental psychotherapy, parent child interaction therapy, and dialectical behavioral therapy.
- Sarah’s work experience includes over a decade of work as a mediator and facilitator for Mediation West in Scottsbluff. She is an approved family mediator for the Nebraska Office of Dispute Resolution.
She has been a trainer and facilitator for family group conferences. She continues to be a presenter for the Families in Transition class through Mediation West. Sarah’s employment history also includes working for the Region I Integrated Care Coordination Unit as the Clinical Supervisor to help ensure that the mental health needs of state wards assigned to that program were being addressed. She began meeting with clients at Panhandle Mental Health Center on a part time basis in early 2005 and became a full-time therapist in September 2005.
- Sarah is available on Mondays at 816 E Third Street, Kimball/Nebraska
- Susan graduated from the University of Wyoming in 2007 with her Master’s Degree in Social Work. Her prior work history includes eleven years of employment as a Coordinator with the Head Start program of the Community Action Program of Western Nebraska, and seven years as a Mediator and Case Manager with Mediation West of Scottsbluff, Nebraska.
- While working on her mental health hours for full licensure, areas of interest to her are: family counseling, including pending separation or divorce, grief and adjustment processes including chronic illness. She has received training to lead Circle of Security classes as a Parent Educator.
- She has mediated cases for twelve years, with focus areas in family mediation, including parenting agreements, and victim-offender mediation. She continues to accept mediation cases as a Nebraska State Court-Approved Parenting Act Mediator. She has an active Provisional Mental Health License with supervisors for guidance in both mental health and social work concepts.
- Extra info
- Basic Philosophy: We do those things we have learned to do, and yet we are all capable of change. My role is to explore change without telling people how to live their lives or judging them for where they are in their lives. All behaviors are tied to needs. By understanding our needs, feelings and thoughts, we are able to make changes for better outcomes in our relationships and general well-being.
Here is where we work:
Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69361
Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69361